Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our New Vice or Our Money Pit


We have know that we would sell our big house for a long time. So.... to stay on top of the process, we decided to buy a small house with a large piece of property and fix it up so we would have a place to move when we sold our house. The problem has been that we cannot find anyone who will buy our house. As a result, we have had two houses for 2 years. It has been the hugest drain that we have ever experienced. We are finally getting the old dump fixed up a little and we will either move into it, sell it or rent it our. Enjoy the picture of the old dump. It might actually turn out o.k. if we keep working.


10 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Looks like a fun project to me!!!I am currently re-modeling a friends kitchen for them..it's amazing what a little updating can do!!

It's a bummer your house hasn't sold...it's such a nice one!..What's the matter with people!?! We're trying to decide when to put our house up for sale...I guess we better get building the new one first...

Good luck! And keep posting the pictures of your re-model!

TheSainOnes said...

I think the Dump... looks like a fun project.
We are in the middle of painting our house and updating all the light fixtures,it can be draining but worth it in the end. :-)

Cammie said...

Looks like a project to keep you busy that's for sure. Maybe you can get all these little ones that like to play in spackle together and they can help you! Good luck and keep is updated on the progress

Helen said...

Logan is really good with spackle. I'm sure he would be more than happy to help. He really likes putting it on the windows.
When all is said and done I'm sure it will turn out wonderful.

Littletime said...

I think it's looking good, Bill and I came by on Sat to see if you there working on it, but you were not...good luck

Chelsey said...

I love being able to remodel our house, even if it is just a little here and there. Keep posting pictures!

Mark said...

Marge - come move in to my basement and you can take care of my family and I can pinch your cute cheeks all day! Mark L.

Paul and Rachel said...

Looks like a lot of work! Can't wait to see the finished project. I have to say...I have never heard such happy blog music ever. I love it. Love you.

Bethany said...

Okay mom, now that I'm not in Utah anymore you have to keep this blog up by yourself. I need to see what the tile, carpets, counters all look like. It's my ONLY way of knowing what's going on.

Bethany said...

MOM!!!! UPDATE ALREADY!!!!